Mass industrialization arose to meet the needs of an emerging society. On one hand, it heated up the economy and provided us with resources to develop. On the other hand, it contributed to social inequality, environmental degradation, and less humanization in manufacturing processes. As unlikely as it may seem, not everyone has allowed technological advances to replace handmade products manufactured under the care and attention of skillful hands. It is in this scenario that artisanal work remains as an act of resistance, carrying ancestral traditions.
Handmade products are part of our history. They became rarer after the automation of processes, but today they have become a trend, influenced by anti-industrial sentiment and the appreciation of more humanistic principles. But what does it mean? What are the true benefits of buying a handmade product? Well, first of all, it is necessary to analyze which are the pillars that you value when buying a product. Defining whether it is worth buying handcrafted products is relative, as it will depend on what each person believes. But, we are here to help you, so let’s list some of the best features of a handmade product:
- The products are made by artists and not machines;
- Provide opportunities to independent local producers and make their work recognized;
- The products carry cultural influences, ancestral techniques, and essences;
- The manual production process allows for more detailed work;
- Products are made one by one, so they are unique and exclusive;
- They allow customization and are therefore more adaptable to preferences;
- It’s common practise to use natural and high-quality materials, for the products to last as long as possible, which makes you consume less;
- The production process is much more sustainable than that of large industries;
- This type of production contributes to a more responsible economic system based on ethical and humanized principles.
These are some benefits that a handmade product can offer, for you, for the community of artisans, the environment, and society as a whole. Now that you know, it is easier to decide if it is a model that meets your values. This is not just about a product, but a piece of history, written by human effort and love. At Sambboho, we've identified this manufacturing process as the most appropriate for our work style. All of that is linked to the mission of empowering talented women artisans who live in a small town called Araxá, in Brazil, providing them the opportunity to show their art to the world and have financial independence. Granted, it is a more expensive and time-consuming process, but the result of our handmade products and the quality of life we provide to our employees reveal the excellence of this model. Our exclusive and high-quality pieces reflect the singularity of the people who make them. That is the most valuable thing we can offer you! Now that you have plenty of reasons, join this family too! Whenever possible, opt for artisanal and socially responsible brands, supporting this system that benefits all parties involved and respects our shared environment. Take the opportunity to check out our products on our website and help us share our message!